misterqye. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Lets learn idiom.......


  • Whatever floats your boats : do whatever makes you happy. Example: My personal favorites are whatever floats your boats
  • Here goes nothing : something that you say just before you do something that you think won't be successful. Example: It's here goes nothing
  • Make yourself at home : make yourself comfortable. Example: Please, make yourself at home!!
  • To take the mickey : to make fun of someone, to make other people laugh. Example: They're done taking the mickey
  • Hang on a minute: wait awhile. Example: Hang on a minute, I'll be right back.
  • The usual suspects: the people you would expect to be present somewhere or doing a particular thing. Example: the fridge is full of the usual suspects
  • To stuff my face: to eat a lot. Example: Sitting on your sofa stuffing my face
  • Tired of : you are bored because something unpleasant has been happening for too long. Example: Last week I was diagnosed with insomnia, and now I'm tired of it
  • Not float someone boats: you don't enjoy it. Example: Sailing, it's a sport that doesn't float my boat.
*Practice makes perfect*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 komentar:

Post a Comment